Distance education Delhi brings you a post on NMIMS PGD in Retail Management.
Firstly let’s talk about what this course is about?
What is PGD in Retail Management
Retail is a booming industry across the globe and especially in India.
PGD in Retail Management is a course that basically focuses on the fundamentals of retail management and marketing practices.
It provides a thorough understanding of concepts related to the retail sector.
This industry is rapidly growing and gaining popularity around the world. If you love surrounded by brands, or want to be an entrepreneur this course is for you.
Retailing is one of the most important parts of the business world as it involves selling products and services to final consumers.
The retail business flourished in the 80s in India and within few years India became one of the most successful retail markets across the globe.
Now let’s talk about the skills that are important to gain success in this field.
Skills you will require to be successful in NMIS PGD in Retail Management.
Excellent communication skills are required in retail industry.
You should be generous and possess kindness.
Managing profits and managing budgets are really important.
Why NMIMS PGD in Retail Management?
As the number of malls, shopping stores in India are increasing day by day, This is one of the best career options for the students who want to have a financially reputed and stable job.
The Retail industry is rapidly growing here in India and across the globe so there will be a huge number of opportunities to establish a great career in retail management to grow financially at a good rate.
About Narsee Monjee Institute Of Management Studies.
NMIMS was founded in 1981 and by 2003, it was awarded the ‘ Deemed-to-be-university’ status.
The Mission of NMIMS is to prepare students to according to the corporate demands around the world.
NMIMs makes you industry-ready by providing technologically enhanced teaching and learning opportunities.
Their programs are specially designed for working professionals by keeping in mind their busy schedules.
The programs are backed by intensive research academically done by the faculties.
The institute is committed to providing the best education to the students that will help them to be prepared for the future.
The programs of NMIMs are approved by UGC – University Grants Commission and the Distance education bureau – DEB.
The university has been granted Autonomy Category I by University Grant Commission.
National Assessment and Accreditation Council have accredited the university with Grade A+.
NMIMs is one of the top 10 B schools in India.
Careers after NMIMS PGD in Retail Management.
There are a large number of jobs that are under the retail management sector.
- Customer sales associate – This is an entry-level job that one handles when he/she just enters the industry. You should have great knowledge about the products and customers and be a good salesperson to excel in this industry
- Category Manager – In this position, the person is entitled to manage the store and accounts.
- Store Manager – This post has a lot of responsibilities like handling reports, coordinating with the district manager and much more.
- Retail buyers and merchandisers- these are responsible for selecting goods, buying the. It is their responsibility to understand the customer and make sure there is continuous income supply.
- Visual Merchandisers – these are people who give the brand of the face and also helps to maintain a good position in the industry.
Program Highlights and Outcomes of NMIMS PGD in Retail Management
This program that is of 2 years helps you to integrate concepts of general management with the principles of retail management.
The program will help you to learn principles of business management especially focusing on Retail Management.
NMIMS PGD in Retail Management will help you identify various activities in Retail Management.
It helps students to recognize the integral role of supply chain management and logistics.
The program helps you to recognize the importance of governance along with the risk in the retail sector.
You will also learn financial and cost implications in the retail sector in NMIMS PGD in Retail Management.
The student will be able to identify and bring solutions in Retail management sector.
The program will help students to be able to plan, evaluate, build and select channels for retail distribution.
Students will be able to effectively manage channels for retail and build retail marketing strategies.
After the course, completion students will be able to manage shops or big malls and the difficulties involved in their day to day activities.
Developing a marketing plan for a new and existing product and services by integrating marketing concepts, strategies, research, and distribution principles for retail will be one of the outcomes.
Program Structure of NMIMS PGD in Retail Management
Management Theory and Practice
Financial Accounting & Analysis
Information System for Managers
Essentials of HRM
Introduction to Retail
Retail Store Design and Location
Retail Store operation and Inventory Management
International Logistics & Supply chain Management
Business: Ethics, Governance & Risk
Eligibility and Program Fee.
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from any recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with minimum 50% marks at graduation level
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from any recognized University or equivalent degree recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with less than 50% marks at Graduation level and a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
The students will get a one-time payment option that will be of 86,000/- which includes admission processing fees of 1,200/-
There’s is an option to pay fees in two installments that will be 47,000/- each year for 2 years. This will include admission processing fees of 1,200/-
The last option is of 4 installments that will be of 25,000/- for each semester for 4 semesters. It includes admission processing fees of 1,200/-
- An initial amount of Rs. 5,000/- will be collected at the time of registration from the program fees.
- NMIMS also offers special incentives to our armed forces with a 20% concession on the program fee.
- The examination fees are 600/- per subject.
- EMI facility of 3,9,6,12 months is also available via online payment using credit cards of selective banks: Kotak Mahindra, HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, CITI, HSBC, Standard Charted, SBI.
Distance education Delhi welcomes any queries to be asked by students related to the course and university.