Hi readers, Today Distance education Delhi brings for you a post on NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management.
Firstly let’s talk about what is operations management?
What is Operations Management?
Operations management involves dealing with the administration of business practices so that the highest level of efficiency possible is created within an organization.
It is concerned with converting the materials and labor into goods and services at the lowest possible cost and in the most efficient way.
The Field of Operation management will help you plan, organize, manage the process of production, manufacturing or services.
The NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management will provide students with cutting edge knowledge about this field and help them to build a successful career in that.
Some skills that are required by the operations manager involves understanding the series of processes in a company to get them to flow seamlessly without any disruptions.
Now let’s talk about a career in operations management.
Careers after NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management.
There are numerous career options in this field after the completion of NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management like you can be a
- Supply chain manager – The job includes buying services goods for the company that employs them. They must find the best possible product and services and that too at the lowest cost possible.
- Logistics Manager – This person is responsible to work with departments of purchasing, marketing, and manufacturing to implement and manage supply chains. Developing strategies for distribution and creating and maintaining contacts with logistics intermediaries also comes under this role.
- Consultant – This is one of the most growing fields. A consultant works with the company to improve different aspects of its operations.
- Inventory Control Manager – This person makes sure to increase efficiency and lower the cost of product and services
About NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management
The diploma in Operations Management program is of one year.
It is designed in a way that will help you to gain necessary expertise in production, operations & distribution management, which will eventually help in the improvement of job skills.
After the successful completion of the course, you will be able to apply concepts of operations management that will include warehouse planning, Operations & Supply Chain Strategies, and New Product Development.
NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management will help you to learn how you can create a balance between operations and supply expertise and general business knowledge by propagating new techniques in the area of operations management.
The outcomes of Diploma in Operations Management will include
- Taking decisions that are effective for streamlining operations.
- Planning skillfully and also controlling the process of resources that have been transformed as they move through supply networks, and operations.
- Candidates will be able to analyze and also evaluate business operations using basic quantitative analysis techniques.
- NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management will enable students to effectively demonstrate the application of the process perspective on an organization or business unit level.
About Narsee Monjee Institue of Management studies
NMIMS is one of the most prestigious management schools in India.
They are aimed to provide quality education to students through the distance learning mode.
It gives students the ability to upskill and have better career opportunities at flexible learning hours.
NMIMS has been delivering quality education since year 1981.
The university has campuses at Banglore, Hyderabad, Indore, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, and Shirpur and has 12 constituent schools.
They offer courses in management, engineering, pharmacy, architecture, commerce, business, economics, science, law, aviation, liberal arts, music, and design.
The latest recognition of NMIMS is that National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked NMIMS 57 among universities in India in year 2019.
Program Structure NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management
Following is the Program Structure of Diploma in Operations Management by NMIMS
Management Theory & Practice
Financial Accounting & Analysis
Information Systems for Managers
Supply Chain Management
Decision Analysis & Modeling
Eligibility for NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management.
To be eligible for the Diploma in Operations Management from NMIMS you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by AIU
- H.S.C with 2 years of work experience
- S.S.C with 3 years of diploma recognized by AICTE with 2 years of work experience
The program fee of NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management.
There are two options available to pay for the program fee.
Option 1– Full fee payment – that is of 47,000/- and admission processing fees of 1,200/-
Option 2 – Semester wise fee payment – that is of 25,000/- for each semester for a total of 2 semesters and admission processing fees on 1,200/-
- At the time of registration an initial amount of 5,000 is collected from the program fees.
- University offers a special concession of 20% to armed forces in the program fees.
- In addition to this, the student will also need to pay 600/- per subject as examination fees.
- The above-mentioned fee structure is subject to change at the discretion of the university
- Any payment to be made via demand draft should be made in favor of “SVKM’s NMIMS” payable at Mumbai.
- Students can now also avail loan facility to pay fees for the Program even without a credit card.
- EMI facility is available for 3, 6, 9 and 12 months via credit card for following banks: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Distance education Delhi welcomes queries from the students for NMIMS Diploma in Operations Management.