Distance Learning PGDBM in Operation Management
You can learn to skillfully combine the basics of business management with the concepts of operations management during the two-year PGDBM in Operation Management program from NMIMS.
Develop technical skills in the management of production and operations, distribution channels & logistics, management of procurement, and quality control, leading to an increase in their job skills.
Learn how to calculate performance, maximize productivity, assess demand, maximize power, and reduce operating costs. Balance buying skills with experience in the supply and general business knowledge.
To adapt to the ever-changing market conditions & the complexities of operations on a global scale, cultivate a creative mindset.
PGDBM in Operation Management Outcomes
To apply organizational concepts efficiently to a real-time business situation.
Understand production concepts relating to capability, variability, the flow of production, inventory, and so on.
Plan and turn resources effectively as they pass across supply networks, activities, and processes.
Analyze market processes using different methods of quantitative analysis
Apply the method perspective at the level of an organization or business unit
Managing both service and development processes effectively
Apply tools for quality control for process improvement.
PGDBM in Operation Management Eligibility
Bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3) from an accredited university in any discipline or an equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with graduation level marks of at least 50 percent.
Bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3) with less than 50 percent marks at graduation level and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in any discipline from an accredited university or equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Applicants can pay the amount of the full fee of INR 86,000/-. Along with it, applicants need to pay the Admission Processing Fee of INR 1,200/-. This amount excludes GST. Applicants can also pay the program fees of 47,000 per year for 2 years. Another way to pay is to give an amount of INR 25,000/- each semester.
STRUCTURE OF THE FEES FOR THE CURRICULUM
- At the time of enrollment an initial amount of Rs. 5,000/- is obtained from the program fee.
- With a 20 percent discount on the program rate, the University gives special benefits to the armed forces.
- The above fee structure is subject to adjustment.
- Any payment made by Demand Draft should be made on behalf of Mumbai’s “SVKM’s NMIMS.”
- Additionally, students are required to pay a Rs 600/- exam fee per subject.
- Now applicants can use loan facilities to pay the Program fees and without a credit card.
- EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months) is available from the following banks via credit cards- HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The program structure and curriculum are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
Get an advantage with the right tools and services over the competition to build the right method and streamline operations. The curriculum prepares you to play different positions, such as:
Supply Chain Analyst
In preparing and carrying out large-scale projects, a Supply Chain Analyst has a significant role. To make changes to the supply chain system, a supply chain analyst gathers and then analyses data. They work to encourage employees’ top-notch efficiency and reduce the expense of products used in projects.
Supply Chain Manager
To optimize process efficiency and productivity, supply chain managers are responsible for supervising and overseeing the overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations of the organization. Furthermore, in establishing and maintaining good ties with suppliers and distributors, they play a crucial role.
Strategy and Operation Manager
Depending on the organization, the roles of an operations manager vary but usually include: maintaining quality assurance systems, overseeing, recruiting, and educating other staff, tracking and reviewing internal processes and their effectiveness; and designing strategies to increase productivity and performance.
Logistics managers must schedule, organize, and track logistics operations such as warehousing, procurement, distribution, and supply chain processes. Usually, logistics managers oversee a team of distribution workers or other logistics professionals.
Production Planning and Control Manager
Supervising production planning and management activities within the group. Create, according to production requirements, development plan, budget, and timelines. Plan the flow of work and schedules for departments of development.
Inventory Control Manager
Inventory Managers monitor organizations’ inventory levels. They lead an inventory or warehouse workers team to procure and document fresh stock as it is delivered and shipped out. Their responsibilities include tracking daily shipments, assessing new shipments, and evaluating various suppliers.
NMIMS seasoned faculty is a mix of academics and industry professionals They will direct students on every step of the way. The faculty members include-
- Prof Brinda had been teaching Information Technology for over 9 years. Her areas of academic proficiency include Managing Information Systems.
- Prof. Sabat has a collective experience of over 15 years in the field of education and corporate management.
- Prof Chouhan is a Certified Training Partner as well as the local content developer for Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Amsterdam.
- Dr. Deepak has over 9 years of academic experience and has worked with organizations such as Asian Paints and Unilever in the past. He is also a NET/SLET qualified professional.
- Dr. Pooja has 7 years of corporate experience. She also has presented and published research papers in National and International Journals.
- Dr. Kelkar is a recognized Ph. D. guide in Business Economics from the University of Mumbai.
- Prof. Shah is a chartered accountant and DISA qualified member of ICAI.
- Prof. Jaykar has more than 6 years of industry and academic experience. Her industry experience working for corporates like JP Morgan, Mahindra & Mahindra, and HDFC Bank.
- Prof. Shrinivas has over 14 years of industry experience in the areas of business strategy, competitive intelligence & research.
- Dr. Chakrabarty is a researcher at the University of Massachusetts Lowell and has over 23 years of experience in various domains and is an alumnus of INSEAD.
- Prof. Seth is a dynamic corporate trainer with 10 years of training experience.
- Dr. Pandey has expanded her horizons through her various stints in the academic field and is a remarkable blend of academic and industrial experience.
- Dr. Chhavi Taneja completed her master’s and Ph.D. from Delhi University. She is a faculty of NGA-SCE.
NMIMS has collaborated with numerous multinationals, companies, and start-ups. The aim is to provide scholarships to students who have completed our programs successfully.
The hiring partners are –
- Control Print Limited is India’s first coding and marking solution manufacturers.
- Dachser is the global leader in the field of system logistics.
- Enterprise Growth Accelerator is a specialist in marketing, IT, finance, operations, and more.
- CONNECT Business Solutions Limited specifically hires NGASCE students for ICICI Prudential and Aditya Birla Life Insurance.
- Cafe Coffee Day is an Indian Cafe chain owned by Coffee Day Global Limited. It is a subsidiary of Coffee Day Enterprises Limited.
- Brimstone Creative.
- Bajaj Electricals Limited is present in three business segments. The segments are engineering and project consumer products and illumination.
- Aviva India is one of the first insurance companies to set up business in India. It’s a joint venture between the Darbar Invest Corp Aviva group.
- Tata Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing firm, formerly Tata Engineering and Locomotive Firm, with headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is part of the Tata Group, a conglomerate in India.
- IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd. is an Indian e-commerce company that, through its web portal, provides B2C, B2B, and customer sales services.
Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3) from an accredited university in any discipline or an equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with graduation level marks of at least 50 percent. OR Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3) with less than 50 percent marks at graduation level and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in any discipline from an accredited university or equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)