The four-semester Distance MBA in Information Technology and Systems Management program focuses on teaching the basics of technology in order to develop a diverse career in the information technology marketplace. The curriculum emphasizes the use of modern methods to analyze and implement business solutions in the IT sector, as well as critical thinking and managerial skills. The courseware is designed to familiarize learners with the most cutting-edge technology that is challenging current market scenarios.
Candidates can learn about different management principles and practices, as well as organizational behavior, information technology in management, system analysis, digital payments, and enterprise resource planning. Students can receive a Master of Business Administration (Distance) degree credential upon successful completion of this program.
The program’s goal is to help students analyze relevant business strategies, processes, and theories in order to make better business decisions. It also defines the most suitable information system solutions based on existing and evolving technologies. Distance MBA in Information Technology and Systems Management also shows that you know how to consider and handle the most important aspects of technology investment. It also manages and adopts emerging innovations as the IT landscape evolves. Finally, it effectively comprehends the elements required to begin business process reengineering.
Distance MBA in IT and systems management is 2 years long with 2 semesters each year. There are 4 semesters in total.
An experienced faculty makes up the NMIMS Distance MBA in Information Technology and Systems Management. It’s a team of academics and business experts who will walk you through every step of the process.
- Dr. Pooja has worked in the business world for the past seven years.
- Prof Chouhan is a Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Certified Training Partner and the local content developer in Amsterdam.
- Dr. Dimple has over 19 years of academic experience.
- Dr. Kelkar is a recognized Ph. D. guide at the University of Mumbai.
- Prof. Shah is a chartered accountant with a DISA qualification.
- Prof. Brinda had taught Information Technology for over 9 years.
- Prof. Harneet Jayakar graduated from the Institute of Management Technology in Ghaziabad with a master’s degree in marketing.
- Prof. Shrinivas has worked in corporate policy, strategic intelligence, and analysis for over 14 years.
- Prof. Sabat has over 15 years of experience in the fields of education and business management.
- Dr. Chakrabarty is a professor at the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Dr. Pandey is a rare mix of academic and industrial experience.
- Prof. Seth is an enthusiastic business trainer with over ten years of experience.
- Prof. Shrikant Mulik is a digital business analyst, lecturer, and researcher with extensive experience.
- Dr. Guptahas more than 9 years of academic experience and has previously worked for Asian Paints and Unilever.
With the right tools and resources, you can gain an advantage over the competition and create a long-term, successful company. The curriculum prepares you for a variety of tasks, including:
IT Project Manager
An IT project manager is in charge of managing teams and overseeing an organization’s IT department in order to complete IT projects on schedule and on budget. An IT project manager’s responsibilities include the following: Setting project objectives and devising strategies to achieve them Keeping track of the project’s timeline and budget, as well as producing status reports
IT Business Development Manager
The main goal of an IT business development manager is to help the company he or she works for expand.
IT Project Manager
An IT project manager is in charge of managing teams and overseeing an organization’s IT department in order to complete IT projects on schedule and on budget. An IT project manager’s responsibilities include the following: Setting project objectives and devising strategies to achieve them Keeping track of the project’s timeline and budget, as well as producing status reports.
IT Security Manager
IT security managers supervise a network of IT security specialists who prepare and execute programs to protect companies from cyberattacks. Current security threats are identified, and potential attacks are predicted by IT security managers.
A business analyst (BA) is a person who evaluates a business model or its integration with technology by analyzing an entity or business domain (real or hypothetical) and documenting its business, processes, or systems. Via data analysis, market analysts assist companies in developing processes, products, facilities, and applications.
NMIMS has established partnerships with various multinational businesses, corporations, and start-ups to provide opportunities to students who have completed our programs.
Some of the companies are:
- Esri India
- Helix Tech
- Leel engineering air
- 3i Infotech
The eligibility for Distance MBA in IT and Systems Management is
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with a minimum of 50% at the graduation level.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from any recognized university, or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with a minimum of 2 years of work experience and less than 50% marks at the graduation level.
The fees for Distance MBA in IT and systems management are Rs. 1,44,000/-. This is the full amount for the course. Fees can be paid annually as well. For this, students need to pay Rs. 77,500/- annually. Rs. 41,000/- needs to be paid if students need to pay the fees semester-wise.
The admission Processing Fee of Rs. 1,200/- is applicable for all admissions—an initial amount of Rs. 5,000/- from the program fee will be collected at the time of registration.
- The above-mentioned fee structure is subject to change at the discretion of the University. Any payment made via Demand Draft should be made in favor of “SVKM’s NMIMS” payable at Mumbai.
- Besides, Students need to pay an examination fee of Rs 600/- per subject.
- Now avail loan facility to pay fees for the Program even without a credit card.
- EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months) available via credit cards of the following banks: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Mode of class
Students can choose between two types of lecture delivery: Prime & Pro
- Pro: Students can access live-interactive lectures as well as recorded lectures in the Pro model.
- Prime: Students can watch recorded lectures using the Prime delivery mode.
- Prime+: The Prime+ mode allows students to choose which live-interactive lectures they want to attend.
NMIMS’s vision is to develop and offer quality programs, curricula, and services to students with uncompromising work ethics. It aims at nurturing a pool of highly employable graduates.
In a globalized world, NMIMS commits to training students to meet corporate demands. NMIMS accomplishes this by encouraging technologically-enhanced teaching and learning opportunities and utilizing different modes of delivery of courses. By developing an atmosphere characterized by consistency, ease, timeliness, and accuracy, NMIMS reaches out to various learners. NMIMS’s mission is to create an environment of high standards for our students’ performance and corporate partners through our values.
NMIMS services are structured to help develop working professionals’ awareness, skills, and abilities while keeping their busy schedules in mind. The NMIMS curriculum, courseware, and pedagogy are regularly checked and reviewed to remain relevant and updated. Our services are sponsored by comprehensive research studies carried out by our faculty. NMIMS is committed to creating an enriching learning environment for our students. This will prepare them better for the future.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) & the Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB) of India have approved and accepted NMIMS programs. In 2018, UGC (University Grants Commission) granted NMIMS Autonomy Category I, granting us detailed approval to deliver programs across open & distance learning modes.
In its third evaluation period in 2018, which reflects the highest academic leadership levels, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited us with Grade A+.
Why NMIMS is different
Via enhanced & up-to-date technology, NMIMS is focused on providing students an enriching and engaging online experience. NMIMS has a coveted faculty of experts and academics whose primary purpose is to direct students through their professional challenges. NMIMS program structure is based on the KSA (Knowledge-Skill-Attitude). This enables working professionals to learn key skills and competencies needed to succeed in the workplace. The 3 foundations of the KSA structure would improve the student’s capacity in their professional career to face VUCA (Volatile-Uncertain-Complex-Ambiguous).
Here is the list of MBA Specializations offered by NMIMS :
- Distance MBA in Business Management
- Distance MBA in Financial Management
- Distance MBA in Banking and Finance Management
- Distance MBA in Operations Management
- Distance MBA in Human Resource Management
- Distance MBA in Supply Chain Management
- Distance MBA in Marketing Management
- Distance MBA in International Trade Management
- Distance MBA in Retail Management
The eligibility for Distance MBA in IT and Systems Management is Bachelor's degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with a minimum of 50% at the graduation level. OR A Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from any recognized university, or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with a minimum of 2 years of work experience and less than 50% marks at the graduation level.