The two-year M.B.A. degree program equips you with in-depth knowledge of financial business processes and strategies, as well as the opportunity to put that knowledge into effect. It integrates banking and finance principles with the concepts of company operations. The course help students learn how to analyze and comprehend the ever-changing dynamics of banking and financial management, capital markets, shares, and the global economy.
Distance MBA in Banking and Finance Management helps understand the processes and activities of banking and finance institutions daily. Also, it recognizes the various forms of financial institutions and their roles in the financial markets.
The course acquires a working understanding of marketing principles and practices relevant to the financial services industry’s unique needs. Furthermore, the program helps understand the basics of cost and management accounting and how they affect financial decision-making.
After completing this program, students will be awarded a Master of Business Administration (Distance) degree.
Distance MBA in Banking and Finance Management recognizes different market economic structures. It masters principles and market thought models to extend and deepen fundamental awareness.
This program helps to solve business issues and combine management methods and philosophies with marketing, economics, accounting, operations management, and finance concepts. Furthermore, the course has the ability to interpret market results, comprehend perspectives, and demonstrate diagnostic problem-solving skills to assist management in making decisions. The course also assesses the effects of global competitive dynamics to build successful management strategies.
The Distance MBA in Banking and Finance Management is 2 years long. It comprises 4 semesters, i.e., 2 semesters in each year.
An experienced faculty makes up the NMIMS MBA in Banking and Finance Management. It’s a team of academics and business experts who will walk you through every step of the process.
- Prof. Harneet Jayakar graduated from the Institute of Management Technology in Ghaziabad with a master’s degree in marketing.
- Dr. Pandey has broadened her horizons through her numerous academic positions, and she is a rare combination of academic and industrial experience.
- Prashadh has worked in various capacities for HDFC Life, Max Life Insurance, and Future Generali India Insurance.
- Prof. Shrinivas has worked in corporate management, strategic intelligence for 14 years.
- Prof. Wakani is a licensed financial planner with over 9 years of wealth management experience.
- Prof Chouhan is a Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Certified Training Partner.
- Prof. Seth is an energetic business trainer with over ten years of experience.
- Dr. Deepak has more than 9 years of academic experience.
- Dr. Pooja has worked in the business world for the past seven years.
- Prof. Shah is a chartered accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) with the DISA qualification.
- Prof. Nilanjan Das has over 23 years of experience in financial services and capital markets, focusing on investment management and analysis.
- Prof. Brinda had taught Information Technology for over 9 years.
- Prof. Sabat has over 15 years of experience in the fields of education and business management.
- Dr. Kelkar has a Ph. D. in Business Economics from the University of Mumbai under his belt.
- Dr. Chakrabarty is a professor at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. She has worked in various fields for over 23 years and is an INSEAD alumnus.
NMIMS has established partnerships with various multinational businesses, corporations, and start-ups to provide opportunities to students who have completed our programs.
Some of the companies are:
- Zar Jewels
- 3i Infotech
- Alchaw Metprint
- Associate Decor
- Bajaj Electronics Ltd
- Control Print
- Esri India
- Helix Tech
With the right tools and resources, you can gain an advantage over the competition and create a long-term, successful company. The curriculum prepares you for a variety of tasks, including:
A portfolio manager is a specialist who makes investment decisions and manages portfolios on behalf of vested individuals or organizations.
The primary duty of a bank manager is to direct their banking staff, provide excellent service, and boost their bank branch efficiency. Their position is crucial, as they are responsible for the efficiency and success of their bank branch.
Budget analyst reviews data, assessing budget plans, proposing spending cuts, redistributing extra funds, and preparing annual reports. They also collaborate closely with project managers to create the organization’s budget while also reviewing plans for accuracy, completeness, and enforcement.
An investment banker is an individual who works for a financial institution and is mainly responsible for raising capital for businesses, governments, and other organizations.
A credit manager is an individual hired by a company to oversee the credit department and decide credit limits, appropriate levels of risk, payment conditions, and customer compliance actions. This role is also merged with Accounts Receivable and Collections into a single company department.
The eligibility for Distance MBA in Banking and Finance Management from NMIMS is
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with a minimum of 50% at the graduation level.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from any recognized university, or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with a minimum of 2 years of work experience and less than 50% marks at the graduation level.
The fees for Distance MBA in Banking and Finance Management are Rs. 1,44,000/-. This is the full amount for the course. Fees can be paid annually as well. For this, students need to pay Rs. 77,500/- annually. Rs. 41,000/- needs to be paid if students need to pay the fees semester-wise.
The admission Processing Fee of Rs. 1,200/- is applicable for all admissions—an initial amount of Rs. 5,000/- from the program fee will be collected at the time of registration.
- The above-mentioned fee structure is subject to change at the discretion of the University. Any payment made via Demand Draft should be made in favor of “SVKM’s NMIMS” payable at Mumbai.
- Besides, Students need to pay an examination fee of Rs 600/- per subject.
- Now avail loan facility to pay fees for the Program even without a credit card.
- EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months) available via credit cards of the following banks: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Mode of class
Students can choose between two types of lecture delivery: Prime & Pro
- Pro: Students can access live-interactive lectures as well as recorded lectures in the Pro model.
- Prime: Students can watch recorded lectures using the Prime delivery mode.
- Prime+: The Prime+ mode allows students to choose which live-interactive lectures they want to attend.
NMIMS’s vision is to develop and offer quality programs, curricula, and services to students with uncompromising work ethics. It aims at nurturing a pool of highly employable graduates.
In a globalized world, NMIMS commits to training students to meet corporate demands. NMIMS accomplishes this by encouraging technologically-enhanced teaching and learning opportunities and utilizing different modes of delivery of courses. By developing an atmosphere characterized by consistency, ease, timeliness, and accuracy, NMIMS reaches out to various learners. NMIMS’s mission is to create an environment of high standards for our students’ performance and corporate partners through our values.
NMIMS services are structured to help develop working professionals’ awareness, skills, and abilities while keeping their busy schedules in mind. The NMIMS curriculum, courseware, and pedagogy are regularly checked and reviewed to remain relevant and updated. Our services are sponsored by comprehensive research studies carried out by our faculty. NMIMS is committed to creating an enriching learning environment for our students. This will prepare them better for the future.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) & the Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB) of India have approved and accepted NMIMS programs. In 2018, UGC (University Grants Commission) granted NMIMS Autonomy Category I, granting us detailed approval to deliver programs across open & distance learning modes.
In its third evaluation period in 2018, which reflects the highest academic leadership levels, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited us with Grade A+.
Why NMIMS is different
Via enhanced & up-to-date technology, NMIMS is focused on providing students an enriching and engaging online experience. NMIMS has a coveted faculty of experts and academics whose primary purpose is to direct students through their professional challenges. NMIMS program structure is based on the KSA (Knowledge-Skill-Attitude). This enables working professionals to learn key skills and competencies needed to succeed in the workplace. The 3 foundations of the KSA structure would improve the student’s capacity in their professional career to face VUCA (Volatile-Uncertain-Complex-Ambiguous).
Here is the list of MBA Specializations offered by NMIMS :
- Distance MBA in Business Management
- Distance MBA in Financial Management
- Distance MBA in Marketing Management
- Distance MBA in Operations Management
- Distance MBA in Human Resource Management
- Distance MBA in Supply Chain Management
- Distance MBA in Information Technology and Systems Management
- Distance MBA in International Trade Management
- Distance MBA in Retail Management
The eligibility for MBA in Banking and Finance Management is Bachelor's degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with a minimum of 50% at the graduation level. OR A Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from any recognized university, or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with a minimum of 2 years of work experience and less than 50% marks at the graduation level.