Distance Learning B.com From NMIMS
NMIMS offers distance education in B.Com. The Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate degree in commerce and related courses in finance. The program focuses on the holistic development of a learner. The course is for students who wish to finish graduation by building their knowledge and skills. so It makes students be successful managers tomorrow. It provides a comprehensive understanding and insights within the area of Finance, Accounting, Law, Taxation, and Management. Furthermore, it lays the inspiration for higher management education. The course is 3 years long with 2 semesters each in each year.
The outcome of the course
There are several outcomes to study distance education in B.Com from NMIMS. It helps students make a powerful foundation for learning trade basics. The course helps students to construct capacities to gain an agile market advantage. It helps to build an understanding of how economics, the market, and administration related to one another. The course helps students inculcate skills in Financial Statements and Administrative Reports. The 3-year program instills students the ability to apply quantitative skills for financial market operations. The program includes the study and management of portfolios. The course helps pupils develop an understanding of the company, commerce, and exchange. It helps evolve an understanding of new Accounting trends.
Structure of the course
The structure of the course of distance education in B.Com in NMIMS is similar to that of on-campus study. NMIMS offers distance education with Bachelors’s in Commerce (B.Com). The program has a duration of 3 years. It is divided into 6 semesters with each subject having credits of 4 points. There are 6 subjects in each semester.
NMIMS has inculcated a specific module in the curriculum to improve employability skills. It places a high emphasis on soft & technical skills. The course bridges the gap between employer demand and student readiness.
NMIMS has offered a first-of-its-kind program in distance and online education. The Placement Assistance Service has been designed for the students to prepare them for job opportunities during their lifetime. The emphasis is on providing supported placement to support students and facilitate their careers.
The eligibility to study distance education in B.Com from NMIMS is –
HSC (10 + 2) in any accepted board discipline at least 50 percent
HSC (10 + 2) in every accepted board discipline with 45 percent and a minimum of 2 years of work experience
SSC (10) + 3 years Diploma accepted 55 percent by AICTE
Options for payment of fees
Option 1- Applicants can pay the amount of the full fee of INR 94,000/- and the Admission Processing Fee of INR 1,200/-.
Option 2- Applicants can pay the annual program fee amount of INR 33,000/- per year. Alongside applicants have to pay an amount of INR 1200/- as an admission fee.
Option 3- Applicants can pay the program fee amount of INR 18,000/- per semester. It also has to pay the admission Processing Fee of INR 1,200/-.
Structure of the curriculum
- At the time of enrollment an initial amount of Rs. 5,000/- is obtained from the program fee.
- With a 20 percent discount on the program rate, the University gives special benefits to the armed forces.
- The above fee structure is subject to adjustment, at the University’s discretion.
- Any payment made by Demand Draft should be made on behalf of Mumbai’s “SVKM’s NMIMS.”
- Additionally, students are required to pay a Rs 600/- exam fee per subject.
- Now applicants can use the loan facility to pay the Program fees and without a credit card.
- EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months) is available from the following banks via credit cards- HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The program structure and curriculum are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
To have the right tools and services students get an advantage over the competition. The curriculum prepares students to take on different positions, like:
An accountant is an auditor or auditor practicer. Accountants who have demonstrated expertise through credential tests of their professional societies are eligible to use names as Chartered Accountants.
Associate Manager- Banking and Finance
The job is to track the financial results of a company against a strategy, review, business performance, and market conditions. Its goal is to produce forecasts. It helps senior management make tactical and strategic breakdowns through routine reporting
A relationship manager is a member of the sales team that develops and manages client and consumer relations. Some relationship managers only deal with consumers, trying to address any company or technological problems they face. They can help them with sales chances and customer drawing.
Customer Support Executive
Customer Service Executives are expected to respond to incoming customer calls-taking requests, answering questions, addressing concerns, and providing information. IT companies may employ customer service executives to work for their customers, or businesses themselves
Corporate Sales Executive
Corporate sales or business-to-business sales include operating in a corporation directly selling to other firms. A corporate sales manager can be a member of the organizations’ feet street sales team or telesales team and can market items such as car parts or services such as financial consulting services.
NMIMS seasoned faculty is a mix of academics and industry professionals They will direct students every step of the way. The faculty members include-
- Professor Harneet Jayakar. She is an assistant professor who has completed her PGDM from IMT Ghaziabad. She has done her Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University.
- Dr. Deepak R Gupta. He is an assistant professor in the college. He has completed his Ph.D. in Maters of Commerce.
- Dr. Pooja A Basu. She is an assistant professor in NMIMS. She has completed her Ph.D. and PGDM.
- Professor Zoheb Wakani- He is an independent financial service professional. He has completed his PGDBM from NMIMS University itself.
- CA Purva Shah. She is an assistant professor and a charted accountant. She has completed her Mass Communication.
- Professor R Vijayan. He is the lead ISO auditor. He has completed his BSc along with DCEM and DEIM.
- Professor Abhishek Mani. He is the AVP and heads investor relations in Reliance Infrastructure Limited. He graduated from IIT Kharagpur and then completed his MBA from IIT Bombay.
The eligibility to study distance education in B.Com from NMIMS is - HSC (10 + 2) in any accepted board discipline at least 50 percent OR HSC (10 + 2) in every accepted board discipline with 45 percent and a minimum of 2 years of work experience OR SSC (10) + 3 years Diploma accepted 55 percent by AICTE