This post is about top institutes for Distance learning MBA / PGDM, but before we list best institutes for the course, First of all, let us start it with few simple questions that people have in their mind while pursuing MBA/PGDM through distance learning
What is Distance Learning MBA / PGDM?
As the name suggests, pursuing Master of Business Administration / Post Graduate Diploma in Management Course through distance learning mode.
Distance learning mode of education focuses on providing education to students who are not physically present in the class room.
Therefore, distance learning is ideal for all aspiring people willing to increase their knowledge and adding a skill set without disturbing their present daily routine.
What is the difference between MBA and PGDM?
MBA- Master of Business Admission
As per Indian Law, only a University can offer degree courses such as MBA, BBA, etc.
Educational institute not affiliated to a University cannot offer MBA degree. Therefore they offer PGDM courses.
PGDM – Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Most of the students think that it is only a diploma course, not a Degree. Yes, they are right to a certain extent.
The main reason behind calling it a PGDM course is when an institute is an autonomous body which is not affiliated to any university conducts management programmes cannot offer MBA degree.
The big guns of management studies like IIM’s and XLR’s don’t offer a degree of MBA. Instead, they give PGP diploma or PGDM.
On the other hand, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is allowing approved colleges to run PGDM courses.
Just like UGC is controlling the universities in India
Who should pursue MBA/PGDM through Distance Learning?
A working professional, fresh graduate, housewife anyone interested in pursuing MBA to boost up their careers of to add a skill set can go for MBA/PGDM course
Benefits of Distance Learning over Regular course-
- Cost of the course is much lesser than regular
- No need to go to college to attend classes regularly
- Study as per your comfort
- You can keep earning while learning
How to study for the course?
Most of the institutes and universities provide their study materials
In correspondence MBA courses students get study material online or manually.
Assignments are also given, which need to be submitted within specific duration manually or online as per institutions guidelines.
This is followed by annual, semester wise examinations conducted at university centres.
With advancement in technology the concept of correspondence course where students get books and other material manually is generally not followed by universities now
Instead, now universities promote the online availability of study material and build a two way communication system between faculty and students online.
We hope that, we must have cleared your basic doubts regarding distance MBA/PGDM course
Below is the list of leading management institutes that offer MBA/PGDM through Distance Learning/online mode
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
NMIMS Distance learning offers distance Post graduate Diploma Courses in 7 specialisations.
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management
- PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- PG Diploma in International Trade Management
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Management
- PG Diploma in Financial Management
- PG Diploma in Business Management
- PG Diploma in Banking and Finance Management
NMIMS Distance learning courses are UGC-DEB approved.
Narsee Monjee Distance learning MBA/PGDM courses had received various awards and recognitions from ZEE business, DNA Indus Survey, etc.
NMIMS Distance learning is certainly most excellent university for distance PG diploma courses over past few years.
SMU distance education offers MBA in 4 specializations
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Information System Management
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Finance Management
SMU Distance MBA is one of preferable choices for among the students for distance learning.
SMU distance MBA courses are UGC and DEB recognized.
Amity University offers 11 specializations in distance learning MBA
- Entrepreneurship & Leadership
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Insurance Management
- Information Technology
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations Management
- Retail Management
- Hospitality Management
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Management
Amity Distance MBA is approved by UGC and DEB
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
Symbiosis is leading University for distance learning MBA / PGDM programs in India. It offers 9 specializations
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
All the courses are accredited by AICTE
Indira Gandhi National Open University
IGNOU is the largest distance learning national University in India.
IGNOU offers 6 PGDM distance learning Programs and 1 distance learning MBA Degree
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice
These were top 5 universities for distance MBA / PGDM courses in India