NMIMS PGDBM in Retail Management
This two-year curriculum helps you to combine general management concepts with retail management principles. It helps to learn the basics of business leadership with a specific emphasis on retail management. The course determines the different activities involved in the retail sector. Furthermore, it recognizes the critical role of supply chain and logistics management. The software helps students to understand the retail sector’s financial and cost consequences. Another feature of the program is it implements decisions concerning the position of the store and its architecture
The main outcome of the course is to identify problems and formulate ideas in the retail management industry. It adapts to preparing, assessing, designing, and selecting retail distribution channels. The course manages retail networks effectively and building retail marketing campaigns. The curriculum helps understand the management of shops or large malls and the problems involved in their everyday activities. Another outcome is it develops a marketing strategy by incorporating marketing ideas. It manages the activities of retail stores and inventory structures
Bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3) from an accredited university in any discipline or an equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with graduation level marks of at least 50 percent.
Bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3) with less than 50 percent marks at graduation level and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in any discipline from an accredited university or equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Applicants can pay the amount of the full fee of INR 86,000/-. Along with it, applicants need to pay the Admission Processing Fee of INR 1,200/-. This amount excludes GST. Applicants can also pay the program fees of INR 47,000/- per year for 2 years. Another way to pay is to give an amount of INR 25,000/- each semester.
STRUCTURE OF THE FEES FOR THE CURRICULUM
- At the time of enrollment an initial amount of Rs. 5,000/- is obtained from the program fee.
- With a 20 percent discount on the program rate, the University gives special benefits to the armed forces.
- The above fee structure is subject to adjustment.
- Any payment made by Demand Draft should be made on behalf of Mumbai’s “SVKM’s NMIMS.”
- Additionally, students are required to pay a Rs 600/- exam fee per subject.
- Now applicants can use loan facilities to pay the Program fees and without a credit card.
- EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months) is available from the following banks via credit cards- HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The program structure and curriculum are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
Get an advantage with the right tools and services over the competition to build the right method and streamline operations. The curriculum prepares you to play different positions, such as:
The role of a retail manager is to successfully operate a store. Worked on the shop floor, their clients and workers are in regular contact. They are responsible for ensuring that their workers provide outstanding customer service as well as tracking the store’s financial results.
Retail professionals who pick the products sold in stores are merchandising managers, also referred to as buying managers or buyers. Boutiques, department stores, and other retail outlets can be found as occupations for merchandising managers.
A retail manager (or store manager) is the person directly responsible for a retail store’s day-to-day activities (or management).
Work as a Display Specialist comes under the Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers wider career group.
Retail operations managers
Managers of retail operations are charged with managing retail stores’ upkeep. Job tasks include ensuring that the physical environment is clean and organized, managing staff, and achieving performance targets.
NMIMS seasoned faculty is a mix of academics and industry professionals They will direct students on every step of the way. The faculty members include-
- Prof. Shah is a chartered accountant and DISA qualified member of ICAI. She has 15 years of teaching experience in the areas of auditing, accounts, finance, and taxation.
- Dr. Pandey has expanded her horizons through her various stints in the academic field and is a remarkable blend of academic and industrial experience.
- Prof Brinda had been teaching Information Technology for over 9 years.
- Prof. Shrinivas has over 14 years of industry experience in the areas of business strategy, competitive intelligence & research.
- Dr. Kelkar is a recognized Ph. D. guide in Business Economics from the University of Mumbai.
- Prof. Sabat has a collective experience of over 15 years in the field of education and corporate management.
- Dr. Chhavi Taneja completed her master’s and Ph.D. from Delhi University.
- Prof. Jaykar has more than 6 years of industry and academic experience. Her industry experience working for corporates like JP Morgan, Mahindra & Mahindra, and HDFC Bank.
- Dr. Chakrabarty is a researcher at the University of Massachusetts Lowell and has over 23 years of experience in various domains and is an alumnus of INSEAD.
- Prof Chouhan is a Certified Training Partner as well as the local content developer for Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Amsterdam.
- Prof. Seth is a dynamic corporate trainer with 10 years of training experience.
- Dr. Pooja has 7 years of corporate experience.
- Dr. Deepak has over 9 years of academic experience.
NMIMS has collaborated with numerous multinationals, companies, and start-ups. The aim is to provide scholarships to students who have completed our programs successfully.
The hiring partners are-
- Control Print Limited is India’s first coding and marking solution manufacturers.
- Dachser is the global leader in the field of system logistics.
- Enterprise Growth Accelerator is a specialist in marketing, IT, finance, operations, and more.
- CONNECT Business Solutions Limited specifically hires NGASCE students for ICICI Prudential and Aditya Birla Life Insurance.
- Cafe Coffee Day is an Indian Cafe chain owned by Coffee Day Global Limited. It is a subsidiary of Coffee Day Enterprises Limited.
- Bajaj Electricals Limited is present in three business segments. The segments are engineering and project consumer products and illumination.
- Aviva India is one of the first insurance companies to set up business in India. It’s a joint venture between the Darbar Invest Corp Aviva group.
- Tata Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing firm, formerly Tata Engineering and Locomotive Firm, with headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is part of the Tata Group, a conglomerate in India.
- IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd. is an Indian e-commerce company that, through its web portal, provides B2C, B2B, and customer sales services.
- Milkbasket delivers milk, bread, eggs, butter, juices, and other daily need items, every morning, right at your doorstep for free
Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3) from an accredited university in any discipline or an equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with graduation level marks of at least 50 percent. OR Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3) with less than 50 percent marks at graduation level and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in any discipline from an accredited university or equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).