NMIMS PGDBM in Banking and Finance
The two-year curriculum offers you in-depth knowledge of financial company processes, strategies, and the practical application of this knowledge. It Integrates banking and finance standards with business processes concepts.
The complex essence of banking and financial management can be studied and understood. The course helps understand the day-to-day operations of banking and finance institutions and their activities. Another feature of the course is it understand the various forms of financial institutions and the role they play in the financial markets.
Furthermore, it acquires knowledge of marketing principles and practices relating to particular financial services criteria. It understands the basics of accounting for cost accounting and management and its effect on the method of financial decision-making.
The main outcome of the course is to understand the different economic structures for the company. It masters principles to extend and expand the basic models of information and business thinking. The course addresses business challenges, merge management methods, and philosophies with concepts of marketing, economics, accounting, operations management, and finance. The curriculum uses appropriate leadership and team skills to introduce and organize organizational activities. It devises appropriate strategic plans to navigate them, evaluate the impact of global competitive environments.
Bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3) from an accredited university in any discipline or an equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with graduation level marks of at least 50 percent.
Bachelor’s degree (10 + 2 + 3) with less than 50 percent marks at graduation level and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in any discipline from an accredited university or equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Applicants can pay the amount of the full fee of INR 86,000/-. Along with it, applicants need to pay the Admission Processing Fee of INR 1,200/-. This amount excludes GST. Applicants can also pay the program fees of INR 47,000/- per year for 2 years. Another way to pay is to give an amount of INR 25,000/- each semester.
STRUCTURE OF THE FEES FOR THE CURRICULUM
- At the time of enrollment an initial amount of Rs. 5,000/- is obtained from the program fee.
- With a 20 percent discount on the program rate, the University gives special benefits to the armed forces.
- The above fee structure is subject to adjustment.
- Any payment made by Demand Draft should be made on behalf of Mumbai’s “SVKM’s NMIMS.”
- Additionally, students are required to pay a Rs 600/- exam fee per subject.
- Now applicants can use loan facilities to pay the Program fees and without a credit card.
- EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months) is available from the following banks via credit cards- HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The program structure and curriculum are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
Get an advantage with the right tools and services over the competition to build the right method and streamline operations. The curriculum prepares you to play different positions, such as:
A portfolio manager is an entity or group of individuals responsible for investing the assets of a mutual, exchange-traded, or closed-end fund, executing its investment policy, and handling the day-to-day trading of portfolios. When looking at fund investment, a portfolio manager is one of the most critical things to remember.
A local branch of a retail bank is overseen by a bank manager or branch manager. This implies that he or she has a wide variety of tasks, from hardcore banking roles to a host of administrative responsibilities. It helps to be a person when you have to work closely with your workers and with clients.
Financial analysts compile reports on financial and monitor expenditures. Budget analysts assist in the coordination of their finances through public and private institutions. They prepare reports on the budget and monitor institutional spending
Investment bankers are primarily corporate finance analysts who help businesses navigate the process of raising capital for their operations.
A credit manager is a person hired by a company to oversee the credit department and make choices for their clients regarding credit limits, reasonable risk levels, payment conditions, and compliance actions. This work is also merged into one department of a corporation with Accounts Receivable and Collections. In its depth, the position of the credit manager is variable and credit managers are accountable for
NMIMS seasoned faculty is a mix of academics and industry professionals They will direct students on every step of the way. The faculty members include-
- Prof. Jaykar has more than 6 years of industry and academic experience. Her industry experience working for corporates like JP Morgan, Mahindra & Mahindra, and HDFC Bank.
- Prof. Shrinivas has over 14 years of industry experience in the areas of business strategy, competitive intelligence & research.
- Prof. Sabat has a collective experience of over 15 years in the field of education and corporate management.
- Dr. Chakrabarty is a researcher at the University of Massachusetts Lowell and has over 23 years of experience in various domains and is an alumnus of INSEAD.
- Prof. Seth is a dynamic corporate trainer with 10 years of training experience.
- Prof. Shah is a chartered accountant and DISA qualified member of ICAI. She has 15 years of teaching experience in the areas of auditing, accounts, finance, and taxation.
- Prof. Nilanjan Das has over 23 years of experience in the financial services industry and capital markets, specifically in the areas of investment management & research.
- Dr. Chhavi Taneja completed her master’s and Ph.D. from Delhi University.
- Prof. Wakani is a certified financial planner and has over 9 years of experience in wealth management.
- Prof Chouhan is a Certified Training Partner as well as the local content developer for Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Amsterdam.
- Dr. Deepak has over 9 years of academic experience.
- Dr. Pandey has expanded her horizons through her various stints in the academic field and is a remarkable blend of academic and industrial experience.
- Prof. Jaykar has more than 6 years of industry and academic experience.
- Prof Brinda had been teaching Information Technology for over 9 years.
- Dr. Kelkar is a recognized Ph. D. guide in Business Economics from the University of Mumbai.
- Dr. Pooja has 7 years of corporate experience.
NMIMS has collaborated with numerous multinationals, companies, and start-ups. The aim is to provide scholarships to students who have completed our programs successfully.
The hiring partners are-
- Control Print Limited is India’s first coding and marking solution manufacturers.
- Dachser is the global leader in the field of system logistics.
- Enterprise Growth Accelerator is a specialist in marketing, IT, finance, operations, and more.
- CONNECT Business Solutions Limited specifically hires NGASCE students for ICICI Prudential and Aditya Birla Life Insurance.
- Cafe Coffee Day is an Indian Cafe chain owned by Coffee Day Global Limited. It is a subsidiary of Coffee Day Enterprises Limited.
- Bajaj Electricals Limited is present in three business segments. The segments are engineering and project consumer products and illumination.
- Aviva India is one of the first insurance companies to set up business in India. It’s a joint venture between the Darbar Invest Corp Aviva group.
- Tata Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing firm, formerly Tata Engineering and Locomotive Firm, with headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is part of the Tata Group, a conglomerate in India.
- IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd. is an Indian e-commerce company that, through its web portal, provides B2C, B2B, and customer sales services.
- Milkbasket delivers milk, bread, eggs, butter, juices, and other daily need items, every morning, right at your doorstep for free
Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3) from an accredited university in any discipline or an equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with graduation level marks of at least 50 percent. OR Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3) with less than 50 percent marks at graduation level and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in any discipline from an accredited university or equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).