Masters of Computer Applications (MCA)
About the Programme
Chandigarh University IDOL’s Master in Computer Applications is a highly regarded technical degree aimed at improving the skills needed for computer and programming careers. Chandigarh University’s Institute for Open & Distance Education aims to provide its distance learners with efficient e-mentoring, engaging e-content, placement support, and more.
Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics / Quantitative Techniques with at least 50 percent marks (45 percent marks in SC / ST case category) as a compulsory/optional/supplementary paper as one of the subjects either at 10 + 2 or graduation level.
Lateral Entry (If Applicable)
A recognized degree in BCA / B.Sc. with at least 50 percent marks (45 percent in the case of applicants in the SC / ST category) Informatics / B.Sc. Computer Science from every institution that is known.
The minimum duration of the course in 3 years. There are 6 semesters.
Fee Structure for MCA
The total fees for the odd semesters are INR 15700/-. The total fees for even semesters are INR 13200/-. The academic fees are INR 9950/- for both semesters. Registration fees are required for only odd semesters. The registration fees are INR 2500/-. Exam fees are required for all semesters and are INR 2000/-. The SLM Hard copy Charges are optional. The price of it is INR 1250/-.
Subject List for MCA
There are 7 subjects in the first, third, fourth, and fifth semesters. Only 4 subjects are there in the last semester. There are 8 subjects in the second semester.
The list of subjects for the first semester is:
- Digital Circuit & Logic Design
- Computer Programming
- System Programming & Operating System
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Principle of Management& Organization Behavior
- Digital Circuit & Logic Design Practical
- Computer Programming Practical
The list of subjects for the second semester is as:
- Data Structures
- Database Management System
- Software Engineering
- Computer Network
- Internet Programming
- Data Structures Practical
- Database Management System Practical
- Internet Programming Practical
The list of subjects for the third semester is as:
- Advanced Internet Programming
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Operational Research
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Advanced Internet Programming Practical
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms Practical
The list of subjects for the fourth semester is as:
- Software Project Management
- Advanced Database Management System
- Cloud Computing
- Network Security & Cryptography
- Statistical and Numerical Methods
- Linux Administration Practical
- Advanced Database Management System Practical
The list of subjects for the fifth semester is as:
- Python Programming
- Mobile Applications Development
- Software Testing & Quality Assurance
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Minor Project
- Python Programming Practical
- Mobile Applications Development Practical
The list of subjects for the sixth semester is as:
- Advanced Mobile Applications Development
- Web Optimization
- Major Project
- Advanced Mobile Applications Development Practical
Recognized Bachelor's degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics / Quantitative Techniques with at least 50 percent marks (45 percent marks in SC / ST case category) as a compulsory/optional/supplementary paper as one of the subjects either at 10 + 2 or graduation level.